Our Essential Beliefs
1. Trinity: We believe God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
2. Jesus Christ: We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus was born of a virgin birth, lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
3. Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift and He offers all believers extra power to witness through the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This power is accompanied by ‘tongues’, the initial Scriptural evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit. As Christians, we seek to live under His guidance daily.
4. The Bible: We believe the Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error.
5. Man’s Nature: We believe people are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
6. Salvation: We believe salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
7. Eternity: We believe people were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in unison with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.